Is your weight loss regimen striking out most of the breakfast options for you? Are you looking for a healthy Indian breakfast that is delectable and at the same time can help you with weight loss? Well, read on to explore some really amazing and easy to prepare healthy breakfast recipes for shedding off that extra pounds and give your day a head start of a daily dose!
Breakfast is undoubtedly the most vital layer of the day. Hence, it deserves more than just a blend of simple thoughts. Even, if you are on a weight loss diet or planning to lose weight, still you don’t have to skip this important meal of the day.
So, what’s the solution?
The solution is to switch to amazing Indian weight loss recipes. These recipes would not just stuff your tummy but would also provide health benefits to your body and at the same time help you with weight loss!
But before I tell you about such recipes, it is first important to know why breakfast is really so much important.
Why is Breakfast the Important Meal of the Day?
The breakfast is the very first meal that we consume after a long gap of almost 10 to 12 hours. Throughout that period our body has got nothing to eat. Consuming healthy breakfast lends vital nutrients and required energy to the body.
If you are looking for weight loss, skipping breakfast can be the worst thing you would do to your body. When you miss the first meal of the day, your body craves for more food throughout the period. As a result, you tend to make up poor food selections.
Hence, to ensure your metabolism goes strong you must plan a breakfast that is filling, healthy, and helps to maintain your body’s weight.
What is a Healthy Breakfast?
A healthy breakfast is one that supplies your body with essential nutrients; a high amount of energy, pleasing to your taste buds and does not increases your body weight. For this reason, a perfect breakfast is one that includes the 4 important elements – Calcium, Vitamins, Proteins, and Carbohydrates.
Best Indian Breakfast for Weight Loss
Here are some easy and great breakfast recipes for weight loss offered by the Indian Kitchen. They are easy to prepare and equally healthy. Sure you would love them. So check them out and give them a try!
Oats are an excellent source of fibre. They also help excessive control fat and bad cholesterol. Mixing oats with mineral and vitamins rich urad dal can help you prepare these tempting oats idlis. They can be a delicious twist to your favourite south Indian breakfast cuisine and perfect to give your day a healthy start.
- Take a flat pan and roast oats till they turn light brown.
- Take urad and chana dal and roast them as well.
- Once they cool down, grind them in a grinder.
- Take the ground powder and add water to get the desired
- Add ginger, chilli, grated carrots, capsicum, and other vegetables of your choice to the mixture.
- Add salt and mix the batter well. Let it rest for 45 minutes.
- Now, grease the idli moulds and steam cook the idlis in the steamer.
- Your dish is ready.
Spinach is rich in iron. But this is not all it offers. It is an excellent supplier of calcium, potassium, iron, antioxidants, vitamins, and magnesium to the body. Using whole wheat bread to make spinach toast adds to the fibre content.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add chopped onions and sauté till they turn golden brown. Add tomatoes, green chillies, and salt. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add spinach to the mixture and cook till it becomes soft.
- Take the mixture off the flame and let it cool.
- Toast bread in pop up toaster.
- Spread spinach mixture on toasted bread. You can garnish it with cottage cheese or parmesan cheese.
- Your toast is ready to serve.
Mixed Sprouts Poha
Poha is one of the most common Indian breakfast recipes. But when you add mixed sprouts to it, then its taste and health benefits are unsurpassed. The dish is extremely delicious and healthy. The sprouts are great to regulate blood sugar levels. Full of iron, fibre, and carbs, poha is an energetic breakfast that keeps you satiated for long hours.
- Wash poha in a big tray and drain the water. Let it rest for 10 – 15 minutes as this will make poha fluffy and soft.
- Take oil in a pan and put mustard and curry leaves to it. Add chillies and onions and sauté them.
- Take mixed sprouts and add them to the pan. Sauté again for 5 minutes.
- Add salt, poha, and lemon juice to the mixture.
- Your dish is ready to serve.
Grilled Capsicum and Corn Sandwich
Corn is a starchy vegetable supplying rich amount of carbohydrates to the body. Also, they are complex carbs that get digested at a slow pace thereby making you feeling full and sustaining energy for a long time. Corn is rich in manganese too which is great to strengthen connective tissues.
- Heat butter in a pan. Add chopped onions, green chillies, and
- Add chopped capsicum and boiled sweet corn to the mixture.
- Add black pepper and salt to the pan. Let it cook for 2 minutes.
- Take one sliced brown bread and spread the mixture on the surface. Place the other slice over.
- Apply some butter on top and let the sandwich grill in the grill maker.
- The sandwich is ready to serve hot with ketchup or green chutney.
This is a popular Indian breakfast recipe, which is a yummy treat. But very few of us actually know aware that it is great for weight loss too. Low in cholesterol and sugar, this recipe is an excellent source of proteins and calcium. Paneer or cottage cheese is actually great to burn fat and hence helps one to stay fit. Also, it supplies high energy which is needed throughout the day.
- Take the whole wheat dough and prepare a mixture.
- Take one bowl and add cottage cheese, coriander leaves, mint leaves, green chillies, salt, and cumin powder to the mixture. Mix well.
- Take a part of the dough and make a thick chapatti.
- Grease the inner layer with olive oil.
- Add the mixture to make a stuffing for the chapatti.
- Fold the chapatti and roll it over again to make a chapatti again.
- Cook it in a pan with a tbsp of olive oil.
- Flip both the sides.
- Your tasty and healthy Indian breakfast is ready.
So, these are some healthy Indian breakfast that is great for the body and perfect for your weight loss. If still, you have doubts about the perfect diet for your weight loss, consult a certified and experienced nutritionist right away to get a customized diet plan.