Amritsari Pulao is a delicious Indian recipe served as a Main. Find the complete instructions
- ½ Cup basmati rice
- 2 cups water
- 150 g Chickpea cooked
- 100 g onion sliced
- 75 g Amritsari Vadi/Mungodi/Soya Nuggets
- 1 Tsp Ginger Green chili paste
- 1 Tsp ghee
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 bay leaf
- cinnamon stick 1 inch
- 3-4 cloves
- 1 Black Cardomom
- 1 Star anise
- 1 tsp kashmiri red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- salt to taste
- Coriander for Garnish
- Wash and soak rice for 20 minutes and keep aside. After 20 minutes discard water and use the rice as per recipe steps.
- Heat ghee in a medium pressure cooker over medium-low heat.
- Add cumin seeds, cinnamon stick, bay leaf, cloves, cinnamon stick, black cardomom, star anise followed by sliced onion, cook for 2-3 minutes or until onion softens.
- Add ginger and green chili paste
- Add the chickpeas, turmeric powder and red chili.
- Then add the rice and stir to coat well with spices and ghee.
- Add 350ml of water and mix well.
- Now add chopped coriander, Amritsari wadiyan or Soya Nuggets and 1/2 lemon&'s juice.
- Cover the lid of pressure cooker and cook for until 2 whistles or 10 minutes. Slowly release the pressure after switching off the heat and gently fluff the rice. Serve this chana pulao hot with a chilled bowl of plain yogurt or Veg raita for a quick comfort meal