Smoky Tofu Sandwich
- 2 slices wholegrain or Protein or Sourdough Bread
- a few slices Smoky Tofu/Paneer
- a generous slather of Sundried Tomato Pesto
- ¼ – ½ ripe avocado
- plenty of salad greens (spinach, butter lettuce, arugula etc.)
- cracked black pepper
- 1 package Tofu (150 gms) Or Low Fat Paneer
- 1 Tbsp tamari/Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp. maple syrup/Honey
- 1 tsp. Olive oil
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika or Chilli Powder
- Slice the Tofu/Paneer into slabs or long strips, depending on the shape of your block.
- In an oven-proof dish whisk together all other ingredients. Place the tofu/paneer in a single layer covering the bottom of the dish, then flip each piece so that it is coated with the marinade on both sides.
- Place in a 190°C oven for 20-30 minutes until the it has absorbed the marinade. Remove from oven and let cool until you are ready to make your sandwiches.