Zesty Orange Soup
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1/2-inch fresh ginger, grated (or more to taste)
- 2 large oranges, juice and zest
- 2 cups / 500 ml water or vegetable broth
- sea salt & pepper
- 1 sprig fresh thyme or 1 Tsp Dried Thyme
- Heat oil in a pot over medium-high heat.
- Stir in the onion and garlic and lower the heat.
- Add the grated carrots and ginger and stir-fry for a couple of minutes.
- Add water and orange juice and cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Use a hand blender to puree the soup, leave a little texture.
- Add orange zest, Thyme, salt and pepper and let simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Serve with Toasted Pumpkin Seeds, Feta and some grated orange zest.