Quinoa Dinner with Roasted Plantain
- 1/2 cup zucchini, chopped
- 1/2 cup eggplant, chopped
- 2 medium-sized tomatoes
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked
- 1/3 cup beans, Soaked and Cooked. (Rajma or Blackbeans)
- 1/3 cup corn
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 -4 leaves basil
- 1-2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp chili flakes
- 1 Plantain (Raw Banana) – Semi Cooked.
- In a large pan at medium-high sauté tomatoes with olive oil for 2-3 minutes. Add eggplant, zucchini and quinoa. Cook for 4-5 minutes. Add beans, chili flakes, stir everything well together and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the spinach, basil and minced garlic. Stir again and turn the heat off. Move to the serving bowl.
- In the same pan, heat 1 tbsp Olive Oil – Cut the plantain in discs (about 1/4th inch thick) and place them in the heated pan – Let them sizzle and cook in the pan amongst the leftover flavour from the Quinoa – Once the edges start blackening up, turn the flame off and leave them for 8-10 mins to turn crispy.
- Serve the quinoa with a side of roasted plantain – Squeeze a few drops of lemon before serving.