- 1 cup Flattened rice (Poha)
- 1 cup oats
- 1 Onion , finely chopped
- 2 Green Chillies , finely chopped
- 1 Carrot , finely chopped
- 1 Tomato , finely chopped
- 1/3 cup Green peas (Matar)
- 3 tablespoons Roasted Peanuts
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 2 teaspoons Sugar
- Salt , to taste
- 1 teaspoon Lemon juice
- Coriander leaves (Dhania) , Small bunch finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon Cooking oil
- Garnish with lemon juice and coriander before serving.
- Steam the carrots and peas and keep aside.
- Place the poha in a colander and rinse it well while tossing it so it doesn't become mushy.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan or a wok.
- Add the mustard seeds and allow it to crackle.
- Add onions saute over medium heat till light brown in color.
- Once the onions are tender, add the tomatoes, oats, turmeric powder, steamed vegetables, peanuts, raisins, salt and sugar.
- Stir to combine and finally add rinsed poha and sprinkle little more water. Give the poha a gentle stir until all the ingredients come together.
- Turn the heat to low and cover the pan.
- Allow the vegetable poha to cook in the steam along with the vegetables.
- This will take about 3 to 4 minutes.