Bulgur and Red Lentil Soup
- 2 cups fresh spinach – Chopped.
- 1 medium onion - Diced
- 1/3 cup dry coarse Bulgur/Broken Wheat/Barley
- 1/2 cup Saboot Masoor (Soaked for 2-4 hours)
- ½ Cup Sweet Potato Cubes
- ½ Cup Carrot Cubes
- 1/2 red pepper - Diced
- 1/2 tsp turmeric, ground
- 1/2 tsp cumin, ground
- 1 tbsp ginger, ground
- 1 tbsp dry hot paprika (optional)
- 1 garlic clove - Minced
- 1 Tbsp Freshly Crushed black pepper
- 5-6 Mint Leaves
- 2 cups water + more during cooking
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt (about 1 tsp)
- Lemon Slices
- Rinse and drain bulgur/barley/broken wheat and lentils.
- Heat Olive oil in a pressure cooker pan and sauté the onion and garlic until fragrant.
- Add the spices and mix well together
- Add the lentils, spinach, bulgur, pepper, carrots and sweet potatoes. Add mint and 2,5 cups of water to cover everything. Cover with lid and pressure cook for 15-20 min.
- Once the bulgur, lentils and sweet potatoes are cooked - turn off heat and add 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Garnish with finely chopped mint leaves and lemon slices to serve.