- ½ cup brown rice or Millet or Quinoa cooked
- ½ medium sweet potato
- ½ Cup Tofu, firm – cut into cubes
- ½ cup cucumber, diced
- ½ mandarin orange
- 1 Tbsp Chilli Flakes or Smoked Paprika
- 2 cups Mixed Green Leaves
- 1 ½ tbsp maple syrup Or Honey
- 1/4 cup raw cashews, Soaked for 5-7 Hours
- 1 tbsp lemon juice, fresh
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ clove garlic
- water, as desired to thin dressing out
- Boil the diced sweet potato until tender. Do not overcook. Strain and set aside.
- Prep your Greens by pulling the leaves from the stems, discarding the stems and rinsing the leaves well. Shred or chop the leaves.
- Warm your skillet over high heat and add a tiny splash of olive oil. Add the Greens to the pan for about thirty seconds. Then turn off the heat and transfer them to a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Warm the skillet again, over high heat. Add a drizzle of olive oil. Dry your tofu cubes as well as you can and add them to the skillet. cook for two minutes them flip and cook for another few minutes. When the tofu cubes are browned, add a sprinkle of smoky paprika or Chilli Flakes, a pinch of salt and a drizzle of maple syrup
- Turn the heat OFF and let the tofu sizzle in the hot pan, absorbing all the maple and spice.
- Push the tofu to one side of the skillet, add another drizzle of olive oil and add the boiled potatoes. Add a sprinkle of smoky paprika and a pinch of salt. Cook the potatoes over high heat for two minutes, toss and cook for another minute or so, just until you start to see some color on the sides
- Turn off heat when done and allow these ingredients to rest.
- Place all the ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Add a few splashes of water to thin things out to your desired consistency.
- Add a spoonful of the dressing to the mixing bowl and toss well. (You can always add more dressing over top to serve, so no need to overdo it.)
- Dice your cucumber and prep any other ingredient you want to add. (Like avocado!)
Build Your Bowl
- Add the rice and greens side by side. Then on top add: tofu, sweet potatoes, cucumber, citrus, and anything else you might want to add to your bowl. Drizzle some dressing over top and serve!