Roasted Charred Soup
- 2 onions, diced
- 3 or 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika (optional)
- A few dashes of spicy green chilli or Bird’s eye chilli ( Optional)
- 4 roasted red peppers (see directions below)
- 4 cups vegetable broth or Water
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup tahini (optional)
- Heat oil in a pot over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook for a few minutes, Add salt, paprika, spicy chilli and roasted red peppers. Cook for 1-2 minutes more, stirring as you go.
- Add broth/water, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Add coconut milk and tahini, mix, bring to a boil and remove from heat.
- Purée with an immersion blender or regular blender.
- Optional: garnish with coriander and finely chopped basil and a few drops of chili oil