Turkish Red Lentil Soup
Turkish Lentil Soup is simple enough to prepare midweek and comforting as the first cold air of fall arrives.
- 1/2 cup masoor dal (split red lentil), washed and drained
- 1/4 cup finely chopped mint leaves, pudina
- 3/4 cup roughly chopped onions
- 3/4 cup roughly chopped carrots
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped tomatoes
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 tsp dry red chilli flakes (paprika)
- salt to taste
- Heat a small non stick pan and when hot, add the mint leaves and dry roast on a slow flame for 3 minutes. Keep aside
- Combine the masoor dal, onions, carrots, tomatoes and 2 cups of water in a pressure cooker, mix well and pressure cook for two whistles and blend until smooth.
- Transfer the mixture into a deep non stick pan, add the roasted mint leaves, chilli flakes, salt, 1 cup of water and mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 - 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Drizzle a spoon of olive oil and fresh ground pepper before serving.
From Monday https://frommonday.in/