Tofu Lettuce Cups
- 1 package extra-firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil, divided
- 1/4 cup tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 3 slices of fresh pineapple
- 1 medium zucchini, cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- Pinch salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Iceberg lettuce leaves, washed and dried well
Creamy Sesame Dressing
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon tamari or soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha sauce or Red Chilli Sauce
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup (honey would work too)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger root
- First, Marinate the tofu. Drain tofu and press for 25-30 minutes Cut into six 1/2-inch slices. Place the tofu slices into a small zipper bag. In a small bowl, whisk together 2 tablespoons of sesame oil, tamari or soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, and ginger. Pour the marinade over the tofu and turn tofu to help ensure the marinade has coated all sides. Place in refrigerator and marinate for 1-2 hours, turning occasionally.
- When you’re ready to start grilling, brush the zucchini with 1 tablespoon sesame oil and sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
- Preheat grill to medium-high, about 400oF. Lay the tofu, pineapple, and zucchini on the grill and close the lid. – You can use a heavy skillet to do the same on a stove top
- Cook the pineapple and zucchini until they show golden-brown grill lines (about 5 minutes). Turn over and cook until lines appear on the other side (2-3 more minutes). Transfer to a large platter to cool. Flip the tofu when it starts to show grill lines (after 8-9 minutes). Cook on the other side until heated through and showing lines (3-4 more minutes). Transfer tofu to the platter. Let pineapple, zucchini, and tofu sit until they’re cool to the touch and then cut them all into 1/2-inch size squares. Return to the platter and toss gently to combine.
- Make the dressing. Add all of the dressing ingredients to the pitcher of a blender. Blend until completely pureed and creamy.
- To serve, scoop tofu mixture into lettuce leaf cups and drizzle with a little sauce. Fold sides of leaves over the top and eat.
From Monday https://frommonday.in/