Thai Sweet Potato Soup
- Sweet Potatoes, boiled, peeled and mashed 2 medium
- Thai Red Curry Paste 1 tbsp
- Olive Oil 1 tbsp
- Garlic Cloves Chopped 3 - 4
- Onion Chopped 1 Small
- Vegetable Stock 1 cup
- Thick Coconut Milk 1/2 cup
- Salt to Taste
- Fresh Basil Sprig for Garnishing
- A ground paste of ginger, Fresh Turmeric, Elaichi (1/2 tsp), 1 spoon coriander seeds and 2 dry red chillies (Soaked for 3o minutes) will be a good substitution for Thai Curry Paste.
- Heat Olive Oil in a deep non-stick pan.
- Add Garlic and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add onion, mix and saute for 1 minute.
- Add red curry paste and saute for 1 minute.
- Add sweet potato and vegetable stock, stir and bring to a boil.
- Switch off the heat and blend the mixture to a puree.
- Strain into another non stick pan and place it on heat.
- Add coconut milk and salt and mix well.
- Add more stock, if required, to adjust the consistency.
- Cook for 2 minutes.
- Garnish with Basil Sprig and serve hot.