Thai Sweet Potato Soup
- Sweet potatoes boiled, peeled and mashed 2 medium
- Thai red curry paste 1 tablespoon
- Olive oil 1 tablespoon
- Garlic cloves chopped 3-4
- Onion chopped 1 small
- Vegetable stock 1 cup
- Thick coconut milk ½ cup
- Salt to taste
- Fresh basil sprig for garnishing
- A ground paste of Ginger, Fresh Turmeric, Elaichi (1/2 Tsp), 1 Spoon Coriander Seeds and 2 Dry Red Chillies (Soaked for 30 Mins) will be a good substitution for Thai Curry Paste
- Heat olive oil in a deep non-stick pan.
- Add garlic and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add onion, mix and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add red curry paste and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add sweet potato and vegetable stock, stir and bring to a boil.
- Switch off heat and blend the mixture to a puree.
- Strain into another non-stick pan and place it on heat.
- Add coconut milk and salt and mix well.
- Add more stock, if required, to adjust the consistency.
- Cook for 2 minutes.
- Garnish with basil sprig and serve hot.