- 50g bulgur wheat
- 2 large, ripe vine tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 bunch flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 bunch fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1 small red onion, peeled
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Cook the bulgur wheat as per the packet instructions.
- Make a small cross at the base of each tomato and place them in a separate bowl and cover with boiling water. Set aside for 30 seconds, then drain away the water.
- When the tomatoes are cool enough to handle, peel and discard the skins. Cut the tomatoes into quarters, discard the seeds and dice the flesh. Transfer the and finely chopped diced tomatoes to a serving bowl.
- Add the parsley, mint and onion to the tomatoes and mix well until combined.
- Fluff up the cooked bulgur wheat with a fork until the grains are separated. Add it to the tomato mixture.
- Drizzle over the lemon juice and olive oil and season to taste with salt. Mix well to coat the ingredients in the liquid.
From Monday https://frommonday.in/