- 1 Cup Chola Dal ( Split Cow Peas ), Soaked for 3 hours and drained
- 10 Spinach (Palak) Leaves
- 1 Tsp Ginger Green Chilli Paste
- 2 Tsp Oil
- 1/4 Tsp Asafoetida
- Salt to Taste
- 3 - 4 Banana Leaves, Cut into 150mmx150mm (6x6 inches)
- Serve hot with ketchup or mint chutney.
- Combine the chola dal, spinach leaves and 1/2 cup of water in a mixer and blend till smooth
- Add the ginger green chilli paste, oil, asafoetida, and salt and mix well.
- Place 2 greased banana leaves on a flat surface with the greased side facing upwards
- Por 2 Tbsp of batter on one banana leaf and cover with the other greased banana leaf with the greased side facing downwards.
- Press it gently to spread the batter evenly to make it a thin layer
- Heat a non stick tava and cook the panki on both sides till light brown spots appear on the banana leaves and the panki in between peels off the banana leaves easily.