- 1 cup Bajra (seeds)
- 1/4 cup Chana dal (Bengal Gram Dal)
- 1/4 cup Toor Dal (Arhar Whole) 1/4 cup Green Moong Dal (Split)
- 1/4 cup Yellow Moong Dal (Split)
- 1/4 cup Masoor Dal (Whole)
- To temper
- 1 teaspoon hing
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon Whole Black Pepper Corns
- 2 Dry red chillies
- 1 inch Cinnamon Stick
- 3 Cloves
- After removing from heat and before serving add a tsp of ghee to the khichdi.
- soak the dal and millet(bajra) in water for about 30 minutes.
- Pressure cook the dals along with millet in about 3 cups of water, add turmeric powder and salt as well and cook for about 5 whistle. If there is more liquid, it is fine you can keep the khichdi a little wet.
- Heat another tempering pan, add ghee, and slowly add cumin seeds and mustard seeds allow it to splutter for few seconds.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and fry the spice in oil for 10 seconds and pour it over the khichdi and serve.