- 15 Mushrooms – Large
- Olive Oil 1 Tbsp
- Bay Leaf 1
- Onion Chopped 1 small
- Garlic Chopped 4 – 6 cloves
- Vegetable Stock 4 cups
- White Pepper Powder 1/4 teaspoon
- Greek Yoghurt 1/4 cup
- Cinnamon Powder 1 teaspoon
Greek Yoghurt is optional – Garnish with Cinnamon Powder.
- Clean, wash and thickly slice mushrooms.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan.
- Add Bay Leaf, Onion and Garlic and saute for two to three minutes or till onions become translucent.
- Add mushrooms and saute for a minute.
- Add one cup of vegetable stock and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Remove Bay Leaf.
- Make Puree of the cooked mushrooms.
- Add the remaining vegetable stock to it.
- Return to heat and bring to a boil, add salt and white pepper powder and simmer the soup for two to three minutes.
- Add the greek yoghurt and remove from heat.