Moroccan Lentil Salad
- 1 cup Barley , cooked
- 1/2 cup Mixed lentils , cooked
- 1 Onion , chopped
- 1 Carrot , thinly chopped
- 1 Tomato , chopped
- 1 Orange , peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup pomegranate
- 2 sprig Mint Leaves (Pudina) , chopped
- 2 sprig parsley or coriander
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons Lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon, moroccan spice blend
- Salt , as required
- Moroccan Spice Blend - 1 teaspoon ground cumin + 1 teaspoon ground ginger+ 1 teaspoon salt + 3/4 teaspoon black pepper +1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon+ 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander +1/2 teaspoon ground allspice1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Take a mixing bowl.
- Throw in millet, lentils, onions, carrot, tomato, cucumber, dates, orange, pomegranate, parsley and mint.
- In an another bowl, prepare the dressing.
- Add olive oil, lemon juice, orange juice, morrocan spice blend and salt.
- Mix it well.
- Add the dressing to the salad and mix well.
- Allow to sit for some time.
- Serve Moroccan spliced millet salad cold or at room temperature.