Millet Black Bean Patties with Home Made Chipotle Sauce
- Millet – 1 Cup Cooked
- Black beans – 1 Cup Soaked Overnight and Pressure Cooked or Caned
- Shredded Carrot – ½ Cup
- Onion – Diced Fine – ¼th Cup
- Oats Powder – For Binding
- Smoked paprika or Chilli Flakes – As per Taste
- Oregano – 1 Tsp
- Minced Garlic (Optional) – 1 Tsp
- Cumin Powder – 1 Tsp
- Salt & Pepper – As per Taste
- Oil for Roasting – 2 Tbsp
Chipotle Sauce Ingredients
- Jalapeno Peppers/Roasted Red Peppers - 2
- Pineapple juice ½ Cup
- Soaked Cashews (2 hours) – 10 Pcs
- Vinegar – 1 Tbsp
- Salt – As per Taste
- Place black beans in a large mixing bowl and smash with a potato masher or fork. Add all the other ingredients and mix well to combine.
- Take about ¼ cup of the mix and form it into a patty with your hands. Place on a plate and repeat with the remaining mixtures.
- Heat 1-2 tbsp of oil in a pan on the stove over medium-high heat. Once hot, place 2-4 patties in the pan, spaced evenly (depending on pan size - do not over crowd the pan).
- Cook 4-5 minutes each side until crispy on the outside and heated through. Adjust heat as necessary while cooking. You want it hot enough to crisp up the outside, but not too hot that it burns before the patty is heated through.
- Serve with the Spicy Chipotle Sauce
Instructions for Chipotle Sauce
- Combine all the ingredients and blend in a high-speed blender to achieve a smooth consistency
- The Quantity of Pineapple Juice can be adjusted to achieve the desired consistency.