Kala Chana Ghassi
- Kala Chana 1 Cup
- Grated coconut 1/2 Cup
- Curry leaves 1 strand
- Hing(Asafoetida) a pinch
- Mustard seeds 1 tsp
- Red chilies 6-7
- Tamarind Juice – 1 Tbsp
- Raw banana(plantain) 1 ( cut into square pieces)
- Oil 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Soak kala chana overnight. Next day pressure cook it (4 whistles).
- Grind together coconut, tamarind and red chillies.
- Cook the raw banana with a little salt separately in a different vessel, as the raw banana cooks fast.
- Now in a vessel pour the ground masala, add the boiled chana , banana. Add salt and give it a boil for 5 to 7 mins, remove from heat.
- Heat oil, add mustard seeds, when they start popping, add curry leaves and asafoetida and season the curry.