Instant Ragi Appam
- 1 cups Ragi Aata
- 1/2 Cup Sooji
- 1-1/2 cup Yogurt
- 1 cup Water
- 1/2 tablespoon Enos fruit salt
- 1 Carrot , finely chopped
- 1 Onion , finely chopped
- 1 Tomato , finely chopped
- 4 Green beans (French Beans) , finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons Coriander leaves (Dhania) , finely chopped2 Green Chillies , finely chopped
- Salt , to taste
- Cooking oil , as required
- Serve with Coconut of Mint Chutney - If you do not have an appam pan , you can use the same batter for an uttapam
- Add Ragi, rawa,yogurt and required water in a mixing bowl.
- Make sure it should be like an idli batter.
- You can adjust water consistency accordingly.
- Keep the batter aside for 10 minutes.
- Add chopped carrot, onion, tomato, beans, green chillies and coriander in the batter.
- Add salt according to your taste.
- Add eno to the mix.
- Take an appam pan, brush appam cups with little oil and heat over medium flame.
- Add batter in each cup and cover it with a lid.
- Let it cook at low flame now.
- After 2-3 minutes, brush little oil on top of appam and flip them.
- You will see that appam has turned golden in colour.
- If not then you can keep them for few more minutes and then flip them.
- Cover the lid again and let it cook for 2-3 minutes or until they are cooked properly.
- appam is ready to serve.