Garlic Chickpeas with Spinach
- 1 cup Kabuli Chana soaked overnight
- 1 cup Spinach Leaves (Palak)
- 1 Onion , sliced
- 2 Tomatoes , sliced
- 12 Garlic , cloves
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon Paprika powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- Garam masala powder , a pinch
- Salt , to taste
- Serve these with 1 bowl quinoa or brown rice
- Cook the Kabuli Chana with turmeric and salt in a pressure cooker and set aside.
- Place a heavy bottom pan or kadhai on the heat, add the sliced onions and saute till they’re translucent.
- When they turn pale and aromatic, add tomatoes and saute till cooked down, but not mushy.
- Add all the dry spices except the garam masala.
- Toss in the spinach and toss again for 2-3 minutes.
- Next, add the boiled chickpeas with water, and bring to a boil, simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add garam masala and switch off the heat.
- Cover and let it sit for 10 mins.