Charred Corn Bean Salad
Charred Corn Bean Salad - simple & fresh-tasting. With a variety of colours contained in the salad
- 1 Cup Corn – Boiled
- 1 Cup Black Beans or Rajma – Soaked overnight and boiled
- 1 small onion – diced
- 1 Green Chilli – finely Chopped
- 1 small Tomato – diced
- ½ Cucumber with skin – diced
- 1 Cup mixed peppers diced
- Olive oil to heat.
- Dressing:This salad can be made with 2 different dressings:Indian Dressing : Mint Chutney + Olive Oil + Chopped Mint LeavesWestern Dressing : 1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard + 1 tsp Maple syrup or honey + 1 tsp smooth Mustard + 1 tsp rosemary leaves + 1 Tbsp Olive oil + Salt to taste
1. Heat the oil until it smokes – Add the boiled corn so it can be charred. 2. Once the corn is brown, add the peppers and let them char – Set it all aside and let it cool. 3. Mix all the ingredients and add the dressing of choice. 4. Additional condiments or homemade dressings can be used in place of the suggested dressings.