Probiotics are great to boost energy levels. They help improve digestion and release B-vitamins. So, when we are not properly digesting our foods, we are not getting the right micronutrients and macronutrients needed by our bodies to produce energy. We can be consuming all the right things, but if we lack proper digestion that is not functioning properly, the food will literally come in one end and out from the other, without offering us enough amount of energy.
In this post, I explain probiotics, their health benefits, and their important role in our energy levels and digestion. Also, I will tell you how you can add probiotics to your daily routine.
What are Probiotics?
Probiotics are living microorganisms that are present in supplements or fermented foods. These are yeast and live bacteria that are extremely great for our digestive system.
We usually consider them as germs, which can cause bacteria, both bad and good. But probiotics are helpful bacteria as they help to maintain the gut health. The best natural food supplement of probiotic is yoghurt.
How do Probiotics Work?
Probiotics work in many ways and are really beneficial for our health. Some of the top ways probiotics may keep us healthy are:
If you lose good bacteria in your body, which usually happens after you consume antibiotics, then probiotics can help replace them.
Also, probiotics can help balance the good as well as bad bacteria to ensure your body is working optimally and in a way that it must be working.
Health Benefits of Probiotics
- Probiotics Can Reduce Symptoms of Some Digestive Disorders
A large number of people experience inflammatory bowel disease, including Crohn’s disease and ulcerative. Probiotics like Lactobacillus and Bifid bacterium strains have enhanced symptoms in people experiencing mild ulcerative colitis.
Though the effect of probiotics on Crohn’s disease is quite less, it has numerous benefits for other bowel disorders. They are helpful with irritable bowel syndrome and even reduce the risk of severe necrotizing enterocolitis by almost 50%.
- They Help Balance the Friendly or Good Bacteria in the Digestive System
Probiotics contain ‘good’ bacteria, which are live microorganisms that can offer health benefits when consumed. Such benefits may result from the ability of probiotics to restore the natural balance of gut bacteria.
If there are too many bad bacteria and very less good bacteria then this can result in an imbalance. Such a situation can occur because of consuming antibiotics, illness, poor diet, and more. Probiotics can help balance out the situation and they appear to be safe for most of the people.
- Probiotics are Great to Prevent Diarrhea
Probiotics are excellent to prevent diarrhea or reduce complexities associated with it. A common side effect of consuming antibiotics is diarrhea, which occurs because antibiotics affect the balance of bad and good bacteria in our gut.
Probiotics can also aid in other types of diarrhea not associated with antibiotics. Whether it is traveler’s diarrhea, diarrhea due to illness, probiotics can help prevent it to a great extent.
- Probiotics Support Immune Function and Increase Our Ability to Fight Infections
Taking a dose of natural probiotics on a daily basis supports our immune function. It also increases our ability to fight infections. As a result, we can expect a healthier and disease free life with probiotics.
- Probiotics can Improve Mental Health Conditions
A large number of studies about our gut health confirm that our mental health and mood is directly influenced by our gut health. Hence, consuming probiotics can enhance our mental health and help overcome issues like depression, anxiety, obsessive-compulsive disorder, autism, memory, and more.
- Some Probiotic Strains can Maintain Our Heart Health
Probiotics can also help to keep your heart healthy by reducing LDL or bad and good cholesterol pressures. There are certain lactic acids producing bacteria, which may reduce cholesterol by breaking down bile in the gut.
Bile is a naturally released fluid usually made of cholesterol and aids digestion. By breaking down bile, probiotics can prevent it from getting reabsorbed in the gut, so that it does not renter into the blood as cholesterol. As a result, our heart health is maintained to a great extent.
- Probiotics and Help Reduce Complexities of Eczema and Some Allergies
Some of the probiotic strains can reduce the severity of eczema in infants and children. There are also a few probiotics that can reduce inflammatory responses in people with dairy allergies or milk.
- Probiotics are Great to Lose Belly Fat
Probiotics help to excrete fat through feces rather than keeping them stored in the body. They help us keep fuller for longer, store less fat, and burn more calories.
But just make sure that not all probiotics help with weight loss.
How Probiotics Boost Energy Levels?
In addition to the above mentioned benefits, a major benefit of probiotics is that they help to boost energy levels. If you lack energy levels in your body, then you must start including probiotics in your diet on a daily basis.
Probiotics help to boost energy levels as they release energy boosting B vitamins. This vitamin works best and functions in the following ways:
- Vitamin B1 has a major role in the cellular production of energy for glucose metabolism process. It also helps alter carbohydrates to fats that can be stored in the body for longer.
- Vitamin B3 also known as niacin functions as a part of two coenzymes. These coenzymes play a key role in glycolysis, which is the process of generating energy from sugar and carbohydrates. Vitamin B5 or pantothenic acid is also important in the cellular metabolism of fats and carbohydrates to generate energy.
- Vitamin B2 is an important building block for two coenzymes that help carry hydrogen used in the production of ATP during metabolism of fats and carbohydrates.
- Folic aids in red blood cell production and helps in the utilization and breakdown of protein.
- Vitamin B5 or pantothenic acid is an important coenzyme in the cellular metabolism of fats and carbohydrates to create energy.
- Vitamin B12 increases the body’s utilization of carbohydrates, fats, and proteins.
Consuming Probiotics to High Energy Levels and Numerous Health Benefits…
Now that you understand how probiotics are healthy for our body and help us keep high on energy, it is time to take an action!
You can contact me to know how you can include probiotic in your daily diet and stay healthy throughout!