This Balinese Curry is amazing! The combination of spices is incredibly beneficial for long life and well being.
- Curry Paste :
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Onion
- 3 soaked cashewnuts
- 1 Tbsp Grated Ginger
- 1 Tbsp fresh turmeric(or .5 tsp powder)
- 1 Tsp coriander seeds
- 1/2teaspoon Black peppercorns
- 3 small red chillis(optional)
- 1 tsp raw sugar or Honey
- Curry :
- 1 cup vegetable stock or Water
- 3/4cup Coconut Milk
- 1 stalk lemongrass
- 1 kaffir lime leaf (Optional)
- 1 eggplant(sliced into 1-inch sticks or large chunks)
- 1 zucchini(sliced into 1-inch sticks or large chunks)
- 1 carrots(sliced into 1-inch sticks or large chunks)
- 1cup cut beans or snow peas
- 3tablespoons Olive or Coconut Oil
- Black and White Sesame Seeds for Garnish
- 1 Tbsp Peanuts – Roasted and coarsely ground for Garnish
- Place all curry paste ingredients into a food processor. Blend until you get a smooth consistency.
- Heat the coconut oil in a large saucepan and pour in the curry paste. Stir through for 5 minutes on low heat.
- Meanwhile, remove the green part of the lemongrass so you are left with the fragrant white part.
- Then 'bruise' the lemongrass using the side of your knife or simply create slits in its side to release the fragrance.
- Add the stock, coconut cream, lemongrass and kaffir lime leaves into the pot and allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Now add the eggplant, zucchini, and carrots.
- Cook for 20 minutes with the lid on.
- Add the beans or snow peas and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Serve over brown or black rice and garnish with fresh cilantro, Sesame Seeds and Peanuts.