Asparagus Chickpea Salad with Herbed Potatoes
- 100 gms - Baby potatoes (sliced in half lengthwise)
- 100 gms - Baby carrots or Carrot Juliennes
- 6 to 8 Stems - Asparagus (ends trimmed and cut into thirds)
- ½ Piece - Onion (Sliced Lengthwise)
- 1 Cup - Boiled Chickpeas
- 1 Tbsp - Pine Nuts
- 5-7 Leaves or 1 Tsp Dried - Basil
- 3-4 Twigs or 1 Tsp Dried - Thyme
- 3-4 Twigs or 1 Tsp Dried - Oregano
- 1 Tbsp - Smoked Paprika/Chilli Flakes
- 1 Tbsp - Garlic (minced or Powdered)
- 2 Tbsp - Olive Oil
- Salt (to taste)
- Cracked pepper (to taste)
- ½ Avocado – Sliced
- Fresh parsley or Coriander – For Garnish
- Line a rimmed baking pan with parchment paper or lightly grease with oil. Add the potatoes, carrots and chickpeas to the centre, drizzle with half the oil and most of the herb & spice mixture, toss well to coat. Bake for 20 – 25 minutes. Arrange the potatoes flesh side down to brown nicely on the edges.
- Carefully remove the pan from the oven, push the potato mixture to one side, add the pinenuts, onion and asparagus, add the remaining oil and herb/spice mix, toss to coat. Place back in the oven and roast for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Alternatively, All the veggies can be lightly steamed and roasted on a griller or stovetop.
- Let cool and serve with sliced avocado and plenty of parsley/Coriander sprinkled top.